The 2014 Houzz & Home Survey is just out from Houzz and shows some interesting results.
The key findings are:
- Remodeling trumps moving, except for Millennials - the youngest group is more interested in trading up, not surprising at all when you consider they are probably starting small.
- Optimism about the housing market fuels renovation - confidence in the market helps people to feel comfortable investing more in their homes
- Finding products a bigger challenge than funding renovations - fewer people are having trouble funding their projects or staying within budget.
- Bigger isn't better - the majority of homeowners are renovating within the existing footprint of the house
- Hiring professional help for kitchens, baths and new flooring - most homeowners planning major major renovation in the next two years are planning to hire professional help.
S&W Kitchens is ready for you!